Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Baramda

Today when i opened my eyes, ma was working in kitchen...i checkd time in my cell n it was 0705hours....Strange...ma is at home today....she missed her school today or what...
I went to her n the answer was today is JANMASHTAMI. So its our off....
":( but ma i have to go to office today...main nahi...," this is my usual reply whenever its mum's off...
Anyways the blog is not about me cribbing all the time but its about my memories when i was a kid. The word JANMASHTAMI was enough to ring bells in my mind...my memories popped up from somewhere...n i was just wondering that when i was a kid it used to be a great fun.
I used to wait for this season to come...festivals and festivals....celebrations and full masti...!

There is a baramda in our old house, which was an important part of my daily routine....in evening i used to play der...at times sit with 'amma' and 'bauji' and used to have fun...! during this day, janmashtami....we used to decorate the front area of our lawn....what we call as 'jhanki'....it used to be so much fun...excitement....at times my cousins used to come over for festivals...
it seems that this lawn was our ground for maximum festival...be it diwali or holi....our adda used to be dis only....lawn and the slope that touches the road.....!
even the chirstmas celebration we had ( i only remember one) was here in this lawn....n the stairs....
Stairs was the place where i used to sit a lot...and the iron gate...it used to act like our swing...for which at times i got scolded too...!
Life was so much fun ...dat baramda...where i spent my childhood is very much there...but now its the time that my nephew enjoys in that baramda...!
It ws just a word that i recalled my childhood days...not more but i think a few years...i still remember at the age of nine when i shifted from this place...i used to miss all this a lot....
and even today when i step in that baramda....its feels as if am back to my place....

3 comments:

Nimish Dubey said...

Lovely. I feel the same way - but when I read certain books or songs. Unfortunately, I don't get that kind of feeling from places - have been transferred too many times for comfort to build any comfort level with a single place.

Neeru Gandhi said...

congrats gurlie!! a nice simple revelation of feelings one tends to forget over time as one gets busy tuned to the running commentary....
they are simply amazing times of our life . .. i wish the phases of life were a multiple-choice question so that one could choose whatever one wants ..

Nidhi Singal said...

the multiple choice question sounds great dear but the fact remains that neither it is possible and nor we can survive this way.